Financial Aid Night- Financial Aid informational powerpoint
Our goal is to have every high school senior complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). As you know, completing the FAFSA can be a critical component of access to postsecondary education. FAFSA makes students and families aware of college funding possibilities and thus may eliminate one of the major college-going barriers.
In Senior Seminar – students will be asked to complete a worksheet showing they understand the different components of the application using the planning worksheet (PDF) or show evidence of completion using the online planning tool FAFSA4caster .
Why it is important to start early! (TeacherTube.com Video) Watch the first few minutes to learn about the timing of your application.
What is the FAFSA
- What is the FAFSA? (flyer)
A: B1 Improve Learning
A: B2 Plan to Achieve Goals
50 minute class period
- How much is college going to cost and what kind of support can I get.
- Classroom with overhead and computer hookup
- Small group lesson format- students should be grouped by counselor and should be 8-12 students for each group
- Optional: Counselors may want to have lesson in a computer lab so students can work on applications and FAFSA4caster
- Have students print out forecaster when they are done to bring home