You will find much of what you have on your resume will work for you college applications as well as for job applications and scholarships. Constructing a resume and gathering letters of recommendation are great ways to start off any application process. Even if you do not have a current scholarship application, asking references to write you a recommendation now – makes it easier to ask them to tailor it for a specific purpose later. It also gives you some other perspective on your skills, strengths, interests and values.
There are so many different scholarships available and it is important that you schedule in time to search. Everett Public Schools has a dedicated webpage that is updated for all district students but there are other opportunities which are tailored to a student’s specific interest or goals. The most important advice from experts is that you should not need to “pay” to get scholarship information. It just takes some dedication. Your counselors are working hard to help you every step of the way – so don’t be shy, make an appointment.
Here are some tips related to scholarship applications.
- Advice on Scholarship Applications (video on SchoolTube)
- Scholarship Application Checklist
- Scholarships and Grants (College Board)
- How to write a strong scholarship essay (SuperCollege.com)
- Writing the scholarship essay (Scholarship.com)
- Video Scholarships (Scholarship.com)
- Essay Tips (Internationalstudent.com)
- How to win a scholarship (Collegescholarships.com)
Lesson 1: Completing a Scholarship Application
- The student will be able to fill out a scholarship application.
- The student will be able to identify what scholarships best suit them and their interests.
- The student will be able to analyze themes and synthesize them into a scholarship essay.
- How do I apply for a scholarship I think matches me?
- What should I write my essay about?
Step One: Using a completed resume and unofficial transcript complete a scholarship application or fill out the Practice Scholarship Application. If you complete a scholarship online – remember to capture screenshots to work with your teacher and for future applications.
- District Scholarship Page updated regularly.